Essay: Toyota’s Long Term Ties with it’s Clients
The end result of Toyota relying on the client preferences and tastes is that it established long-term ties with its clients.
7. Toyota can able to achieve cooperation between Toyota and its suppliers and employee can be replicated in its overseas manufacturing operations. This has been tested and proved beginning with the initial expansion plant that was referred to as the New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc, to the latest expansion plans in the South Africa that have been a success all through. The ability to employ its techniques and succeed in the international market is an indication that Toyota can able to achieve cooperation between Toyota and its suppliers and employee can be replicated in its overseas manufacturing operations.
8. The source for Toyota’s competitive advantage has been the ability to link its production units with the customer needs through the continuous clients’ surveys that inform the production units about the client needs. Its ability to link and train its dealers has also been a source of the competitive advantage besides the ability to invest in research and development before developing a new product. The efficient product process and the dependence on the lean production process has also been a source of competitive advantage
9. Through globalization that has been catalyzed by the technological advancements, the Toyotas source of competitive advantage can be imitated.
10. Toyota will be able to sustain its competitive advantage since the firm has been profitable all though, has a strong balance sheet, continues to refines its efficient production process and has a competent management team.
11. Toyota should focus in market that have not been exploited and establish plants in these economies especially in Africa. however, the political, economical, and technological environment in most African countries will make this invest an uphill task.