Essay: What is Cystic Fibrosis
Questions with short answers
- What is cystic fibrosis? A- It is a hereditary disease hat mostly affects all the body parts, mostly affecting the breathing system that is infected regularly after treatment.
- Why does the behavior of Alex after changing school? A- the behavior changed most likely because in the new environment, the society could not understand his problem
- What are the major characteristics of Cystic Fibrosis? A- These are a saline tasting skin, regular respiratory system infections and poor growth.
- What makes the cystic fibrosis patient to regularly develop respiratory infections? A- There is a slow mucus clearance in the airways resulting to clogging of the lung that catalyze infection. The accumulated mucus creates a conducive environment for bacteria, which the antibiotics cannot easily penetrate. The mucus accumulation mostly causes structural changes in the patient lungs and one can hardly exercise to carry out any heavy work.
- What kind of bacteria mostly affects the lungs? A- These are mostly Hemophilus influenzae and Staphylococcus aureus, however, sometimes with time; it is the Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which dominate.